Connect with us Homesite Linkedin Homesite Twitter Homesite Facebook

Homeowners Insurance

Our homes aren’t all the same, so why should our home insurance be the same? We offer flexible options to fit everyone’s needs and budget. Check out our home coverage options that are designed to bring your home and belongings back to the same condition they were in before a loss occurred. Now that’s peace of mind.

Homeowners icon

Homeowners Insurance Coverage

Most standard home insurance policies include protection for your home and structures on your property, your personal belongings and liability. For your convenience, policies are customizable to fit your unique needs and budget. Here's what's usually covered in a standard policy:

Structure Coverage (Dwelling)

Coverage limit based on the cost to replace your home.

Personal Property (Contents)

25%-50% of Dwelling Coverage

Additional Living Expenses

20%-30% of Personal Property Coverage

Money, Etc.


Debris Removal

Up to an additional 5% of your property coverage is included.

Available Personal Liability Limits

$100,000, $300,000, or $500,000

Medical Payments

$1,000, $3,000, or $5,000

Business Property On Premises


Business Property Off Premises

$250 to $1,500

Trees, Plant, Shrubs

5% of Dwelling Coverage (up to $500 each)

Important Papers

$1,000 to $1,500

Theft of Firearms

$2,000 to $2,500

Theft of Silverware and Goldware


Watercraft and Trailers

$1,000 to $1,500

If you need a little extra protection, we can help with that too. Here are just a few optional coverages that are available for purchase. Remember that these may not be available in every state and certain limits may apply.

Extended Replacement Cost on Dwelling

This endorsement provides additional coverage of up to 25% or 50% of your Dwelling Coverage if the amount to replace your home exceeds the amount of coverage provided by your policy.

Increased Limits on Other Structures

To protect structures other than your home you can purchase this endorsement. It provides an additional limit for specified structures on the residence premises covered under Coverage B.

Water Back-up and Sump Overflow

Provides coverage for direct physical loss due to water backing up through sewers or drains and water that overflows from a sump. This is not flood coverage, which requires a separate policy.

Replacement Cost on Personal Property

When you purchase this endorsement, you can replace stolen or destroyed personal property with items of like kind and quality without deduction for depreciation.

Identity Theft

Recovering from identity theft can be time-consuming and costly. In the event your identity is stolen, this endorsement covers up to $15,000 of expenses you incur as a direct result of identity theft. This coverage is only subject to a deductible ranging from $250-$500.

Personal Injury

With this endorsement, you can extend the limit of Personal Liability on your homeowners policy to cover you against libel, slander, and invasion of privacy.

Increased Limits on Business Property

For an additional premium, this endorsement increases your coverage for "business" property on and off the "residence premises."

Special Computer Coverage

We know your computers are important, that's why we offer this endorsement. It broadens the coverage for your computer due to direct physical loss. For example, if you accidentally spill a glass of water on the computer, the resulting damage would be covered.


You may add this endorsement to cover your property against loss caused by an earthquake. This coverage is subject to a separate deductible. In California, this coverage is offered through the California Earthquake Authority (CEA).

Increased Limits on Personal Property

This endorsement offers you the ability to increase certain personal property coverages from the standard homeowners limit. For example, the base homeowners policy covers the theft of valuable silverware for up to $2,500. With this endorsement you can choose to increase that coverage to $10,000.

Scheduled Personal Property

This endorsement allows us to offer open perils coverage for your valuable items such as jewelry, furs, cameras, musical instruments, silverware, fine arts, and golfer's equipment. Losses on scheduled items are not subject to a deductible and these items would be covered up to their insured value.

Homesite Policies Protections

Homeowners insurance is designed to bring your home and belongings back to the condition they were in before damage occurred. Not all coverages and policies are the same so it's important to review your options before deciding what coverage is right for you. Homesite homeowners insurance policies include the following protections:

Dwelling Coverage

Dwelling coverage (Coverage A) covers damage or loss to your dwelling caused by a covered incident ("peril"). The amount of coverage included is based on the attributes of the home that you entered on the previous screens. The value of your dwelling can change over time or when upgrading or remodeling. It's a good idea to review your coverage limits annually.

Other Structures

Other Structures coverage (Coverage B) covers structures on your property that are not attached to your main building. This includes detached garages, gazebos, storage sheds, in ground pools, boathouses, or other similar structures. This limit is typically 10% of your Dwelling Coverage.

Personal Possessions

Personal Possessions (Coverage C) covers damage, destruction or theft of your personal property. Personal property includes items like clothing, appliances and furniture. There are special limits for certain items including (but not limited to) money, jewelry and silverware. If you have items valued above these special limits, such as an engagement ring, consider additional coverage specifically for these items.

Temporary Housing Expenses

Temporary Housing Expenses, also known as Loss of Use or Coverage D, this coverage reimburses you for living expenses that exceed your normal living costs if you cannot live in your home due to a covered loss. These additional costs may include hotel stays, additional food preparation costs and other expenses that exceed what you would normally spend if you remained in your home.

Medical Liability

Medical Liability Coverage, also known as Medical Payments to Others or Coverage F, pays for medical bills when someone is injured by you personally, or on your property. Reasonable medical expenses are covered, regardless of fault, up to the amount of coverage you select.

Personal Liability

Personal Liability or Coverage E pays for loss settlement and legal fees in the event that you or your family members cause bodily injury and/or property damage to others. For example, if you accidentally bump into someone at a grocery store who falls and then sues you, they might sue for their injury, their lost wages and other damages. Your Personal Liability coverage would indemnify you up to your coverage limit if you are found liable.

HACKER SAFE certified sites prevent over 99.9% of hacker crime.
2048-bit encryptionThis website is protected by 2048-bit encryption
Customer Service